Monday, December 12, 2011

Lets get blogging!

Yup i'm here... To stay and not be so anti-blog...


You see the last pregnancy really got to me... I was bored, in pain, bored, tired and just never really wanted to move...


Now that the sweet little man is here and is finally cooperating like he should be, I'M BACK!!


So lets get this straight; in the last four months of being a mother to 5 these are the things I have learned (warning the list is long)



  • You still cannot do anything by yourself so do not even attempt it.
  • Your two year old will turn into a COMPLETE monster. Haha you think terrible twos are bad just wait until they get close to three.
  • When your husband uses the term "Oh my Tara there is shit everywhere'.. He means that there literally is SHIT everywhere and that the said shit is coming from the baby.
  • Cloth diapers do NOT hold the said stuff above. Well at least they don't hold my sons said stuff above. Duct tape was discussed at one point.
  • The laundry will NEVER be caught up and your husband will say, I am wearing your socks because I cannot find any of mine.
  • Chances are SOMEONE will injure themselves to the point of no return and require surgery.. *cough cough* Husband did this.. I still have not forgiven him. ( the last part was a joke laugh haha)
  • The said baby will REFUSE to nap unless you sit there and nurse him for TWO HOURS STRAIGHT. Let it be known Hunter is off the "juice" and on formula.. All you formula hating your poisoning your baby hippies go away now. My milk producing days are over and I don't feel the least bit guilty plus my little man is happy and gaining weight.
  • Have I mentioned you will never have clean laundry?
  • Dishes will wait for another day
  • Grocery shopping will wait for another week until you literally look at your bare cupboards and FORCE your tired sleep deprived butt to the store.
  • Ponytails will become your BEST FRIEND ever... Put the hair stuff away cause you WILL NOT HAVE TIME.
  • Your kids will fight.. I'm not talking about arguing I'm talking about fists flying and black eyes happening days before family pictures.
  • You will never know what day it is.. The only reason I know today is the 12th is because I had parent teacher conferences today.
  • Your couch will have a permanent imprint of your behind on the days that all the baby wants to do is be held... And that will happen a lot.
  • You will learn what to lock up from the said 2 year old who has some sort of demonic creature telling her what to do.
  • You WILL make time to shower because you know without that said shower that the monkeys make come from the zoo twice a week just to groom you.
  • You will make dumb choices like, do a family photo shoot on the beach, in the winter, without any help of any sort. DON'T DO IT.
  • Your 2 year old will tell random old men that her baby brother eats from mommies boob.... That one is awkward for many reasons.
My list could go on but I think I should stop scaring innocent people into abstinence for the rest of their life...

On a serious note. Life is GREAT. Kids are great. Michelle is learning like crazy. James and Shawn are doing great and Abigail has yet to rid herself of her demonic creature friend who tells her to do REALLY bad things like play with nail polish all the way to her elbow.

Big Shawn will be having surgery to repair his leg next month. Super nervous about that. I had my no more baby surgery back in October and I did not so well on the meds and I can tolerate stuff way better then he can so I'm a little nervous to see what happens, but his leg will be better.


Kids start winter break on Friday so wish me luck that my list doesn't get longer.




Enjoy one of my favorite pictures from our shoot a couple weeks ago.