Abigail had her long awaited Urology appointment this afternoon.
We met with Dr. Aligiri and he is amazing. He has a plan for Abigail and I have to say that Shawn and I agree with it completely.
Step one: Get a DSMA Scan to check her kidneys for any and all scarring. If there is any then that moves us to step two.
Step two: Once we have the results of the scan we will decide if she needs surgery and a strong round of antibiotics or just a stronger antibiotic.
Option: If she should not need surgery then we get the lucky option of keeping her on the medication to keep away the infections and pray that she grows out of it.
Im praying so hard that Abigail never has to go through anything that she doesn't need. The only bad thing that the doctor does notice is that on her VCUG is that when they injected the die into her bladder instead of the die hanging around in her bladder for a few seconds it shoots directly up her ureters. It should wait but it does not.
He said that this is the one thing telling him that she may need surgery. I had a strange and sad feeling when I left his office today. Like I knew that he was going to say that. Im still kinda stewing on it. Like that sinking in feeling. I don't know where to go with it. I don't know what questions to ask now. I have researched as much as doctors, books, the internet, even a very good friend. There are no more things I can read/learn.
Im praying as hard as I can that we get some sort of answer.
Thanks Google...
10 years ago