Im a pretty tough lady. When it comes to bad things happening within someones life there is a really good chance I have experienced it first hand. In a weird way I thank these people for these horrible and yet life changing events.
I watched a very favorite show of mine tonight. Army Wives. It hits very close to home for me seeing as how alot of what they talk about on the show is true in ways. I will however clarify that the military is like never leaving high school. There is always drama and most of the time it's ugly. Which is why I know about 5 of my neighbors and I personally am good with that.
Anyway, as I am watching I realize what tonights story line is about. I guess in way I haven't had a chance to really miss Shawn. Actually I know I haven't. I have been too busy. I have had things that sadly took away that ability for me to get through the grief for whatever time it was going to be here. Tonight however the grief has come thanks to the story line.
Different people. Completely different lives. All going through the same thing. I honestly wish I could say that it didn't hurt, it does. For the last 2 months it has been like I have been stubbing my toe over and over again and I just keep walking it off. But now. It's like I broke my whole leg. Bad analagy I know. You get my point.
Blogging this seems to help. For how long I couldn't tell you. Seeing as how it took this long to creep up and make me realize there is a good chance that it will probably hang around until I get word he is on his way home. I will say one thing I am proud of him. I feel blessed to know him, my brother, my 2 brother in laws, and my nephew and neice and all of my friends. They are amazing people.
Thanks Google...
10 years ago