Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whoops

My blog is seriously slacking..

Actually I am lol!

We have been busy. Shawn has been gone for training and well we almost lost a very dear member of the Cope family.

Our Belladog was stricken with the deadly disease PARVO. She is home now (after a VERY hefty vet bill) and seems to be doing fine. She became ill Monday and it just went from there. The fact that she made it is nothing short of a miracle and just goes to show that she belongs here. We have had some negative about why we continued with treatment when it was just so much easier to put her to sleep and get another dog.

Nope doesn't work that way for us. Bella is like a child to me. I sobbed on the phone to the vet begging her to save Bella. I couldn't stand the thought of loosing her. I am grateful to those who stayed there right beside us in our very long journey through this very horrific disease. It does things to a dog that I never even imagined.

Everyone here is doing great. Michelle's eyes look wonderful. But she does need to go back to the spastictity specailist for more fenol and botox. Were starting to have some scissoring and clonis so back we go. I am grateful that the medicines have lasted as long as they have. Without them then we wouldnt be as far as we are now.

The kids's birthday party was so much fun and so chaotic. It also happened to be 2 days prior to bella getting sick so no birthday post for now. Plus shawn is on leave prior to his deployment so I may lack a little more in blogging.