Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nerves of steel...

That's what I call them. Because seriously if I didn't have nerves of steel I would more than likely be crazy by now.

Michelle's eye surgery is tomorrow. In all honesty I though I was nervous about it but im beginning to think it's excitment. To know that this should and more than likely will prevent her from going blind because her right eye is over compensating for her left.

I want my baby girl to see this world and all of it's beauty. I want to know that when she looks for me she see's me.

I am finishing some random spring cleaning because cleaning in this house is a 24 hour process seeing as how I can start a project but it doesn't get completed until later in the day because Abigail loves to have her mommy's attention as much as possible and right now she is fighting a cold. So she doesn't feel very well.

Today is a good day. My absolutely beautiful little girl was born. I also believe this is the day my nerves of steel were born. Without them I don't think that we would be as far as we are today. 4 years ago we were told "the next 48 hours are going to be touch and go." 4 years ago I renewed my faith and trust in God that he would help see us through and I KNEW Michelle had a purpose to be here with us.

She has taught me hope when we believed there was none. She has taught me patience even when I have none. She has taught me silence when the world is screaming around us. She has taught me persistence. She has taught me optimism when I wasn't very optomistic.

Yesterday I looked up Michelle's name again. When she was born I did this as well but something told me to look it up again. Now when we picked out Michelle's name there was no meaning to us about it because to us it was just her name. But now, things have definetly changed. To know that her name means what it does just inspires me even further to dive deep into my faith and to help lead my children a path to God.

Remember to us 4 years ago no meaning:

                                                           Michelle: Who is like god?
                                                                Grace:  By the grace of God.
I couln't believe it. I still can't. To me her name tells me even further that she is meant to be here. She has a purpose. She is here to teach me. She is here to teach all of us. What lesson I am sure I will not know until later, but for now I believe it is to live and love.