Saturday, May 29, 2010

Surgery today....

Today is the big day. Im getting pretty nervous about this seeing as how we talking about putting a shunt into the lining surrounding her lungs... Stop me if I have it wrong but that is what my understanding is. Trust me I have asked and asked and asked questions I just can't figure out anymore to ask.

We lost her IV last night so I am going to see how many more days he expects us to be here and if it's longer than I had hoped for I am going to request either a PICC or a Central Line. She has had both in the past and it just makes for a nicer Michelle if we don't have to keep sticking her with needles everytime we turn around.

Yesterday has to have been the best day that we had yet. She was awake, smiling, laughing, eating and just being her. And then last night right before I got back to the hospital (I had to go get the registration done one Shawn's truck and being the only one with power of attorney I had to to do it.) she started retching and crying and just being crabby.

We tried Morphine and Zofran and Tylenol and holding and well just about anything else we could try and nothing helped. Im hoping that whatever it is that once she has this surgery it will go away. They came in and clamped her EVD not that long ago and we are looking at 8 to go in. So in about and hour we will be heading upstairs to the OR.

I am truely thankful that we have had awesome nurses this week. Well with the exception to Wednesday anyway. But then again because I was such a pain in her you know what things got done that needed to be done. Our poor night nurse the last 2 nights im not so sure if she has truely had a chance to sit down and even do what she needs to do. She was in here every 15-20 minutes last night.

I think im going to go and get ready to go upstairs. The OR is so unpredictable that my luck would be that they call her early and im not even ready. I will update just as soon as I can!