Here we are in the beginning stages of getting there. "There" being at RCHSD waiting to check in and go to the OR with a scared little girl and a scared mommy and daddy. Today I got the call from her Opthamologist's office saying it was time for her to get scheduled. March 22nd is the day and I am praying so very hard that Shawn is able to be there with me and Michelle.
Michelle's left eye wanders and we are constantly nagging at her to fix her eye. She always closes her eye and when she opens it it is in the correct position. But it still wanders. So last year we got her into the opthamologist and he said she needed the surgery asap. We were getting ready to schedule it when her massive infection came about. So of course everything got cancelled all at once. I had hoped to get her in sooner but with life not everything is always possible.
Today marks a realization for me. It's going to happen, it needs to happen and all I can do is pray and hold her hand and pray some more. 3 years ago I never thought that I would be in the place that I am now. Praying for a surgery to go right so that we wont have to do this again. And when she wakes up that she is happy and healthy.
I took her to the beach yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny day here in SoCal. So we spent the day in the sand getting dirty (i am still cleaning up sand). She loved it. And for those 2 hours outside she got to be the little girl who didn't have school who could get filthy and mommy didn't care, who could just enjoy being 3. I long for more of those days instead of these days where my worries can start all over again.
Thanks Google...
10 years ago
