We had our results appointment from Abigail's DSMA scan. Here's what happened that day. If you want to know more about why were seeing a Urologist click here.
We go to the hospital and all checked in and then we were called back. The Nuclear Medicine nurse injected a radiation medicine into Abigail's hand and sent us on our way to wait for 3 hours. She didn't even cry from the injection. In fact she criend when the nurse took the needle out, We decided to not wait around the hospital all day and went to Target to look at more Christmas decorations. Plus I needed to pick up some stuff.
After we were done there we headed back to the hospital and caught a quick nap in the car. Abigail and daddy were taking a nap so I figured I would too lol! At 10:30 we went back up to radiology and checked in. We walked around the halls for like 30 minutes and the nurse called us back. We walked into this room that was seriously like the size of a closet. I was like wow how do they fit anything in here??!!
The nurse asked us to lay Abigail on her stomach and she proceeded to TAPE HER TO THE BED!! I was like ummm what are you doing?!! She said it was to keep her still. So than the test began 35 minutes later and a baby covered in vomit and we were done. It was insane. It was horrible. I felt so bad for her. When I was finally able to hold her we very quickly went and found a bathroom and cleaned up. Thank goodness I brought some of my wipes that I make because Huggies wipes weren't cutting it. We needed something with soap.
We met daddy downstairs and made our journey home and went to go celebrate Christmas Eve with family and friends at church.
So the doctors appointment was friday (i know im slightly behind). He came in with a smile and said that her kidneys were free from damage and scars. She has 100% function!! I was like whoa did you just tell me something good! I had the hardest time containing myself for the rest of the day. Even now as I write this I feel that bubbly feeling. I prayed so hard for a good result. It's been a while since we have had anything other than we she's making progress from doctors or therapists so this was just WOW!!!!
We go back in august for a follow up VCUG. As long as everything starts getting smaller there will be no surgery! We will talk about the rest at our follow up appointment!
Thanks Google...
10 years ago