Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yay were home!

We actually came home yesterday. Just with as crazy as it was I didn't get a chance to blog! Shawn is still in the field for training until Friday so I have been kinda flying solo if you know what I mean!

4 kids and one of the bein sickers is kinda a bummer! We have a general idea as to what is going on. For starters she has the Flu and Croup. Grr!! It doesn't really surprise me since Shawn Jr. had Croup so bad I had to rush him to the ER for breathing treatments because he couldn't breathe. And it is still a big possibility that she may suffer from Migranes.

I still believe she does have headaches, but at this point I beleieve she does not suffer from Migranes. Yes she had the classic signs this weekend of not only a shunt malfunction, but the flu, croup, meningitis, and about 30 other things that they tested her for. But I do not think it was a Migrane.

The resident agrees with me. Hopefully I do not have to cross paths with that Attending again because him and I are going to have issues. My mom was a nurse until I was 16 my dad was and still is a paramedic, I have been doing this since 2006 with a great deal of training thanks to the NICU at Madigan Army Medical Center in Fort Lewis, Wa. They made sure before I even set one foot out of the NICU the day of her diagnosis that I knew everything and anything there was to know. More than what the internet could provide me with. What to do and what not to do. Yes true back then it was easier. She had a fontonale. So then we could see when something was generally wrong. Even then there was a doctor who doubted me. But in the end her Neurosurgeon was right there to say no mom is right.

Anyway back to Michelle. We got home yesterday and sure enough she spiked a fever and started retching again. Soon after she fell asleep and slept off the fever and headache and now all she has is a icky cough. It's slightly cold here today in SOCAL. So we are all bundled up and waiting for the weekend because DADDY COMES HOME!!! We sure have alot to tell him when he gets here!