Shawn Jr started school a few weeks ago and daily it has been a sob fest when I get ready to leave.
It pulls and tugs at my heart. I want nothing more than to just scoop him up and bring him home and keep my "baby" boy home with mommy.
He carries a picture with him everyday. It's a wonderful picture of him and I. We went to Applebee's to celebrate a great friends birthday (how lucky is she to have been born on Halloween?). He holds it, he stares at it, he "hugs" it.
I sometimes sneak up to school a few minutes early and I can always tell how good of a day he has had just by whether or not he has his picture. One day last week he was sitting in his carpet square just holding it and rubbing it. When he was able to come to me he said "mommy I had a good day I didn't cry I just missed you".
His poor picture has taken a slight beating because other kids like to play with it too and he of course is like NO MINE! He's gonna be one of those big brothers who doesn't let his sister date! Lucky me :)
Thanks Google...
10 years ago