Thursday, August 13, 2009

2009=5 surgeries in 3 months...

Sheesh! Michelle is recovering right now in her room at the Children's hospital from her 5th surgery of the year. The Neurosurgeon opted not to wait another day when he came into her room after he was paged 6 times. At first it was calm she was excited to see him and then she just completely turned around like you struck her in the head with a baseball bat.

I have NEVER in my 3 years seen a Neuro go from hey lets wait and see how she is in the morning and get a scan to call the OR and tell them she is coming RIGHT NOW. Scared the begeebers out of me but im glad that she is doing better.

Tomorrow/today she is getting a consult with the Neurologist to see if she possibly suffers from migranes. Like she really needs something else right?! So hopefully she can come home tomorrow. This momma misses having her snore in her ear through the monitor all night long. Shawn is taking the night shift so that I can be home to nurse Abigail so that I don't have to pump all the time. Plus it's hard to store her milk because I can't use their fridge and ice packs only last so long.

Oh I did learn something new today about shunts.... Michelle now has a "slippery" shunt. This one is kinda coated with a grease so that it wont clog off as quickly. She had and has one/one's with antibiotics in it to help prevent infections. And finally there is the "spidy" one. That has a bunch of pricklies at the end that also help to keep it from getting clogged. See you learn something new everyday. And I thought I knew alot about hydro.