Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Surgery today...

Went great. I totally woke up 45 minutes later than I wanted to. But all in all I got there at a GREAT time!

I got to the hospital shortly after 8. I walked in to a smily happy little girl. Even though she had been NPO with a clamped EVD. So she was under pressure and she was hungry, but still in good spirits. So we went for a Cat Scan and she did great and then the Dr. came in and he said that we would be going to surgery at 11 and then the nurse came in at 1030 to tell is there was a delay and that we were looking at about 1230. Ok not too bad. Well at 12 the or was ready and we were on our way there.

At 1:13 she was in the OR getting her new shunt! It was one of these times that I was not upset I did not cry I just held her hand while the anesthesiologist gave her some medicine to go to sleep before they took her kissed her goodnight and went to wait. At about 2:50 they came to get us and she was all done and was having her dressing changed to her PICC line and then off to the PACU she went.

And then I got "THE" call to go see her and I was sooooo happy! She opened her eyes as soon as she heard me. We hung out for a few minutes she got to sit up and then we went back to her room. She ate lots of dinner took some medicine daddy came up and I kissed her goodnight and she went to sleep for the night! It was a CRAZY day that just seems to have flown right by!

She is doing great and loves that we can hold her whenever we want now. No more making sure we don't yank a tube coming out of her head. Her PICC line is only being used now when she has to have antibiotics and that is it! I just love that things are finally moving forward. It felt as though we were at a stand still for a couple of days and that gets slightly old after a while. Now just to make the decision about when she gets to come home and the nurse and stuff that we are going to need to check her PICC line everyday because she has to have antibiotics for the next couple of weeks! I will let you know more as I know more!