Monday, November 10, 2008

Im glad I know... It's always better to know...

Saturday I took Michelle to the ER.

I called and called and called. No one from the Neurosurgery department returned my calls...

INfuriation was coming about me. So I say (im apologizing now for foul language believe me im still mad!) SCREW THIS!

I get there. They looked at me as though I had lost my mind since she was playing and was happy.. Was being the key word. Now she absolutely loves them down there. Yes she gets mad when they stick her but honestly who wouldn't.

So after were there for about 5 hours she spiked a fever. Starts screaming and just yikes all around completely different. She got her sedated ct and x rays. Now they were upset with me because I was by myself and im pregnant so I could not remain in the room with her. Ugh that set me off. Anyway..

Radiologist states: 4th ventrical shows sign of deflation. Meaning it has gone down in size! Good! X-rays show good connection with no visable clogging or bend in tubing!

So they tell me that she doesn have alot of stool backed up (i know you wanted to know that) and that it could put pressure on the tubing which can give her a headache. Kinda wish she didn't have to go through all of that to find out she has A) Constipation and B) Croup.

So all weekend I have been wiping her nose and the poor thing is just as upset as can be that her nose hurts and it's bleeding from so much wiping! Poor thing!

Im just so glad that it's not her shunt. We've been working on the constipation for months now. Who knows maybe this will get GI to take the DAMN TUBE OUT!! Im so sick of it! I don't care what they say when we go down there next month im raising some more cane so she gets what she needs. And what she needs is to not have to be on a laxative 4 times a week along with her seizure medicine just because they say so!

So on to more mommy mode! But regardless im glad that she is starting to get better.

Now on to worry about more stuff! Like this dang ultrasound on wed. I was excited at first but now that there is room for potential IUGR im worried. I remember how small Shawn was. He wore newborns until he was 5 months. I hope she grows. I know she will!