Thursday, November 13, 2008

Im beginning to wonder why stupid people exist....

I got a call the other day from the Neurosurgery department at children's hospital...

As good as they are im filing a complaint against them.. I hate to do it but im honestly left with no choice at this point...

The fact that Michelle had croup on MOnday was a good enough reason for her to miss her Developmental appointment.. Now I tried over 6 times to call the neurosurgery office to let them know I know we were supposed to be a walk in but she's running fever and I cannot have her sicker than what she was!

Tuesday I get a VERY RUDE phone call from the recpetionist.. " Mrs. Cope this is whoever from Dr. Levy's office. You missed your appointment yesterday and im calling to reschedule." Ok when is the next available.. "20 minutes" Ha I live an hour away from the hospital not gonna happen.. "Well we really need to see her and you need to bring her down." MY question to her was is Natalie available for me to speak with because I would really like to see what she says..

"Well we are also calling to reschedule her December appointment because the doctor is not going to be in the office." Ok for when.. Can't remember the day but it was for sometime next week. I told her thats not going to work we are jammed packed full of appointments next week. Herresponse was "Im looking at Michelle's schedule right now and she is empty until the 9 for GI" Im sorry but are you looking at MY calender???!!!

So after explaining 3 times that it wasn't at Children's she finally 1) Left a message for the NP to call me (which she still has not) and 2) Rescheduled the appointment for another week.

My reason for filing a complaint is because 1)When I called on Saturday I NEVER got a call back. I understand I was in the ER after 2 1/2 hours of waiting for them but still. 2) This stupid receptionist they have working for them. 3) The fact that they NEVER answer their phones and if they do they hang up on you! and when you need an appointment for something simple you can't get it. I know they are a specialty clinic and they are jammed with patients but come on now!

At this point im regretting taking her from Balboa Naval hospital because there I know they listened to me. I feel as though im talking to a brick wall here! This isn't the first time it has happened which is why im filing the complaint. Sometimes you just have to stand up and say enough is enough. Well ENOUGH!