You annoy me. You annoy me so much it brings my mood down. You annoy me so much that everytime you decide to do your annoying thing it brings me very very close to tears. And feel free to dissapear at any point and time
Sincerely,
An annoyed parent.
Michelle had her Neurology appointment yesterday. That was annoying. I love her new Neurologist. Im glad we got away from the other one. He may be the director of the department but her annoys me. So much so that I have made a very good point in telling him (my mouth gets me into a lot of trouble at times).
On Sunday we were sitting quietly on the couch watching football (well Michelle was mommy was yelling at the tv hehe:) ) and Michelle started grunting and just staring at the tv. I got no response from her. Her breathing got very fast and she just sat there and grunted. When she started arching her back and the grunting got worst thats when I knew what she was doing. That was annoying.
So of course yesterday when we were at the appointment she did it.. Again. That was annoying. Of course the doctor has a few different ideas for us. Those are also annoying.
Idea #1- Wait and see.. (like I said annoying.)
Idea#2- Wait and see what she does but also run an EEG and depending on what it says start Topamax. He also went on to say that if her seizures were caused by her Hydrocephalus (10% of Hydrocephalus patients suffer from seizures when their shunts fail) that the medication would do nothing for her and we would basically be giving her a pointless medication. Again ANNOYING.
Idea # 3- Give her the medicine NOW and see if it helps her headaches and also do the other 2 ideas while were at it.
Here's my idea....
DON'T give her a medication that in the long term can leave her with some pretty nasty side effects. Not to mention that it may not even work! The last 5 medications havent worked.
Do the EEG and see if its definite seizure activity and then talk about a DIFFERENT approach to the medication stand.
Do continue with the Tylenol and Motrin for her headaches and if they DONT go away look for a different headache medication. If you can't tell im slightly against the topamax.
Michelle doesn't seem to be suffering from anything at this point. The mood swings are still there. The tiredness is still there. The im going to be a complete pain in your you know what is still there. So here I sit. More annoyed then I was Sunday.
Thanks Google...
10 years ago