Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tag im it!

I have to say Thank You to Sara for tagging me as a Theta mom.(True Authentic Mom)




Wow, I have never really considered myself an Authentic Mom, I just considered myself doing what any loving mother would do for their child, whether they are "normal" or have daily special needs, you fight for the best and what is right.

Before I was a mom I was a Senior in high school doing what Senior's do best. Learning, growing and teaching along the way. I myself was talking to a recruiter to become a Marine. It was my dream at the time. What I felt was right and necessary. Then I got news from a doctor that I was pregnant with my oldest James. It was then that I "knew" what every "mom" knows.
 
Then came Shawn Jr, then Michelle, then Abigail. Each one of them leaving their beautiful mark. Each one of my children is a blessing. I fight day in and day out to make sure they have what they need and most of what they want.
 
Michelle changed me. She changed how I saw the world. How I felt about life. She changed what mattered most. It was no longer a materialistic nature for our family as it was a what mattered most to us. We all changed, me more then others.
 
I have endured coutless sleepless nights, I have been peed on, pooped on, thrown up on, bled on you name it it has happened. I recieve praise from about everyone who meets me that I do an awesome job.
 
Being married to a Marine also changed alot. For the most part  I am a single parent with 4 kids. Two of them having medical issues. I juggle therapy, school's, doctors appointments and even those dreaded hospital trips. There have been coutless times where I thought the most heart wrenching thing was to watch them wheel away Michelle through those big white doors into a room that I knew would scare her beyond all belief. But them she would come out and my fears would be diluted until she told us something hurt.
 
Then that would become the most heart wrenching thing at that moment. Things change. Life changes. "Mom's" change. What makes me a Theta mom is I have learned. Things that most don't. I know when to walk away, I know that a little kiss and a hug can turn that frown upside down.
 
Today for example: I had a headache this morning and Shawn is at work so it's me and the kids. The boys wanted a snack and I asked James if he could reach what he wanted and if not I would be right there. He could but there was only one cereal bar left in the box and both of them wanted one. I knew I had more so I got up and went to the kitchen and got another box down. Shawn was in tears thinking he wasn't going to get one. I gave him a quick hug and a kiss and promptly handed him what he wanted and his smile returned.
 
That's what I get out of bed everyday for. I never thought that this could feel as good as it does.

I guess my tag is going to have to be Mrs. Mallory Willyerd!