Friday, May 8, 2009

My 5th mothers day....

Will be this Sunday. As I am sitting here thinking about each one of my babies. What it was like the day I brought them home. It's as clear as yesterday.

James:

He had on this really adorable onsie. It was blazzing hot the day he came home. Arizona is notorious for 110 degree days in April. My mother in law was there and so was Shawn's twin brother Shane. We visited for a while and then they all left and then it was time to introduce Tank our dog to James. Wow! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Tank just about tore down the baby gate trying to get to James. He was crying and needed changing!

Shawn Jr:

Of course it had to rain... What else does it do in Washington other than rain? SNOW! LOL! Well anyway it was a rainy day in May and colder than the dickens. He too also wore a onsie home but was well burried under his blankie with the heater cranked all the way up. James was so interested in what was in the carseat. He just couldn't wait for daddy and I to get through the doors. He did so great. Didn't really cry.

Michelle:

It was so crazy the day she came home. It got postponed from that morning because her Neurosurgeon was not answering his pages and we needed him to come and take out the stitches from Michelle's shunt placement. So 9 hours later she is making her rounds through the NICU saying goodbye (too bad it was a short visit home) and then off we go through Seattle/Tacoma rush hour traffic back to the Peninsula! We introduced her to Shawn Jr. (he was too young to go into the NICU) and she just kinda settled into the chaois that had errupted between the boys and my grandma.

Abigail:

I have to say that was a hard first day home. The kids just kept fighting. She just kept crying. I was a mess. The dog would not leave me alone. He was like what do you have there... Like I was supposed to give him a bone that didn't exist. Once everyone went to bed things got better. I got a shower and then just slept. I was exhausted.

I have to say in the last 5 years I have gone through more trials that most mothers never even get the chance to imagine. My greatest fear to this day is still SIDS. James is 5 and I still go in his room at night to make sure he is still breathing. I disinfect EVERYTHING like it has the Plague on it. Shawn thinks im insane for it. I have learned that every child is different. Although they can resemble their parents in many ways. I have learned that my husband is the greatest thing to ever happen to me other than my babies. I never thought that I would have the life I have. I never thought I would be blessed the way that I am.

Happy mothers day to all the "old" and "new" mothers out there.